Patience, the NEW Endurance Sport!

May 02, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesMarion's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Payson,UT,

May 27, 2008

Female

Goal Type:

Age Division Winner

Running Accomplishments:

Payson Canyon Fox Club 4th of July 5K 2008- 27:56 :) (aided-downhill)

Onion Days 5k Route Jan 2010   28:18

Onion Day's 10 K 2007 1:09:36

Provo Riverwoods 10 mi 2008 1:49:09 (aided- downhill)

Riverton 1/2 Marathon March 28th, 2009  2:23:24

UVM 2009- 5:14:49

Short-Term Running Goals:

Recover from being hit by a car while I was running in early October 2010.  Be healed enough to run my planned races.

Planned races for 2011:

UVM 1/2 June 11 (registered)

RHPC 1/2 July 9th

Payson Onion Days 10k (break 60 min)

St George Marathon 4:22 (3rd times a charm) 

Long-Term Running Goals:

I just want to be able to run...

Personal:

I am the self proclaimed FEARLESS leader of the FRB's RED HOT PINK CHICKS!!! Our Motto's are- 2010 "Diamonds and Titanium, Thats what we are made of!"  2009 "We are water-proof-dye-in-da-blue-crazy-nut'n-gonna-stop-us-fun-lovin'-red-hot-pink-chicks!!!" 

The next official RHPC event is the RHPC 1/2(5k, 10k, 10 miler) July 16th, 2011.   PLEASE join us !!! 

My Favorite Quote-   "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

I started running in May of 2006 while losing 85 lbs after my youngest was born.  I have 6 fantastic kids, 3 girls and 3 boys and a wonderful husband.  My oldest is in college and my baby is in pre-school. (Six kids in 5 schools ;)

www.meltingmarion.blogspot.com

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 Lifetime Miles: 504.58
Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Blue Lifetime Miles: 216.67
Mizuno Alchemy Red Lifetime Miles: 79.44
Asics Pulse 2 Red Silver Lifetime Miles: 87.90
Total Distance

57:00/11:24, best 8:25, splits-12:34, 12:44, 11:08, 11:02, 10:58

Boy, have I been fighting depression lately.  I don't quite know what my problem it, but usually when I do get it, it is many different things combining together to get me down.  I really wanted to skip my run, but I forced myself out.  It was a lousy 2 mile start, but not as zipless as last week.  I guess I do take some serious time to recover, good to know.  Then I decided that I need to just RUN FASTER!!!  SO I did.  It felt really good and cleared some of the cobwebs and gloom and doom from my mind.  It really helped.  One of the main contributing factor to my "little black rain cloud" mood has been only running 4 days a week.  My mind can't handle it.  I am going to run 2 on those days from now on and still bike too.  Oh wait, I have been bad a biking too.  Boy, am I am naughty girl!!! ;D

Now for the HAPPY STUFF!  As some of you know- Mother's Day was a real crapper :(  Mac (5) made me a lip gloss in preschool and Ford (8) made me a darling book mark.  THAT WAS IT!!  The bishop even canceled all the morning meetings and NO BREAKFAST, NO LUNCH, nada!  Not even a 'Happy Mother's Day,' except from my favorites, Mac and Ford- they are the best and will inherit any thing of value when I die.  Anyway, today is David's birthday... so, I thought "Sweet Revenge..."   But, then I decided to KILL him with kindness.  I took all of the kids shopping yesterday for a surprise party for him today.  We all got up at 6 am and made him a HUGE breakfast of all of his favorite stuff on his most beloved Camp Chef.  We let him sleep in.  Imagine that, I kept all of the boys away from our room so he could sleep (that would have been nice on Mother's Day).  I let Mac pick out his cake, a big white sheet cake lake with a trout jumping out of it ;)  OOOoooo.  It is cool looking.... if your 5 ;)  They picked out a wonderful pasta dinner and ginger ale, is favorite soda.  We will also have maqrgaritas and pina coladas too.  I was not going to rub it in at all, but he came over to hug me this morning while I was cooking, and I jabbed him in the gut and told him, "This is what you do when you love some one!!!' ;D  I am a little turd, I know.

Sorry I have not been visiting all of your wonderful blogs, but my internet has been really shotty lately.  :(

Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 Miles: 5.00
Comments
From Maurine/Tarzan on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:36:29 from 63.255.172.2

Bwahahaha! I love it - sometimes revenge can be so sweet.

I'm sorry Mother's Day was a crapper. You deserve to be treated better. Of course, I didn't get a Christmas gift or a Mother's Day gift from my darling daughter and she waited to call me until I had to leave for church - so I only got to talk to her for a few minutes.

Go read my blog for today - it will make you happier. Today I am a statue.

From RAD on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:38:39 from 67.166.99.8

oh Marion!! I feel your pain!! I'm so sorry, but you are so much better than I am...I would've gone with the payback route and slept in and made him get up with the kids :) So, I don't think you're a turd!!

Sorry about the depression thing, I'm the queen of depression - something I inherited from my lovely mother :) So, if you want to kick around some ideas and talk anything through give me a call!

Nice job getting out and getting it done this morning despite it all, it really does/will help!! And look at your splits - you did AWESOME!! I'm excited to see you this Saturday at Lori's :)

From Metcalf Running on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 13:27:20 from 207.225.192.66

You are a much better person the I. I'm with RAD and would have been much meaner.

I really looking forward to finally meeting you in person this weekend!!!

From richgirl97 on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 13:32:01 from 206.251.47.183

Sorry Mother's Day was a crapper. You are much nicer than I am-I definitely would have gone the revenge route. Way to go on the running though! Sometimes you just have to find the energy to START moving-way to just do it! I hope you start feeling better-this seems to be the kicker time of year for me the past 3 years so I'm right there with you!

From Kelli on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 17:25:00 from 71.219.89.83

Sorry for the crappy mother's day!!! Next year do what i did and take your husband shopping and pick out all of your own stuff!!!!

From seeaprilrun on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 19:29:57 from 205.172.12.229

Well Happy Mother's day Marion! Too bad your husband failed to acknowledge the holiday! I got treated to dinner out, so I can't complain. I hope some of the gloom lifts and you can feel cheery again. Sometimes things are just gloomy, I know. I hope the cloud lifts soon! Nice run, by the way!

From kellies on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 20:31:06 from 66.119.143.249

Dang Marion!! Sorry to hear about your Mom's day and all!! However, give yourself some more credit. You call yourself a turd and here is how I see it. Depressed yet you got up and ran 5 miles, at a great pace I might add. Mad at your husband, yet got all of the kids up at 6:00 and made him a gourmet breakfast for his birthday? WOW, what a woman!! You amaze me. I wish I acted like that when I felt depressed or upset. I WANT TO BE MARION!! Just think of how much you mean to all of us!! What would we do without our Marion? You are special!! Happy Mom's day. Oh and, how is the new stove? It came today right??

From Smooth on Tue, May 12, 2009 at 22:19:03 from 71.36.74.243

I second what Kellies said, all of the above. GOOD on you, Marion! Just between you and me, I don't like Mother's Day. It used to be sweet when the kids were little. Now I cried my eyes out 'cause I miss them so terribly. I'm glad it's only once a year and we have 363 days before the next one. I hope you enjoy David's b'day present. Did it come today? You can bake cookies now, ya?

From marion on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 02:03:13 from 71.219.53.146

Thank you my dear friends :) The stove is BEAUTIFUL! David had a GREAT birthday and is now sawing some serious logs. Too loud for me! I can't sleep, so I am checking on y'all. My 15 year old, Ashly made cookies :) Yummy. Davids gourmet dinner was cooked on the new stove :) We had tortellini a pana with grilled shrimp, fresh mozzarella, fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mac's fish cake was cute, but not so tasty. David picked some great yummy ice cream thought :)

i forgot my drivers license expired on my birthday. I need a new one. I gave my old one to a store clerk and they just looked at me like i was nuts to try and pass my old one off as myself. I really look different now. COOL!!!

From Burt on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:39:41 from 68.76.197.194

I told you Happy Mother's Day. (You're only 5 years older than me, so you couldn't actually be my mother.)

Love that they didn't think it was you on your DL. :)

From luzylew on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 13:34:05 from 208.187.197.42

I find the very best way to celebrate mothers day is by yelling at everyone in your home with your most satanic voice you can muster about how they should all appreciate and love you more, and then lock your mascara smeared, raving lunatic self in the bathroom until 4:00 in the afternoon. Usually by about 6:30 they may have made you dinner.....:) Who loves mother's day? No one loves to be ignored or disobeyed or sit through a patronizing church service where your children reluctantly with rolling eyes and slumping sholders sing that one song they always sing....I got it. I'm sorry about the depression. It's hard to shake once it gets ahold. Me too. A little group of girls on my block came over to help me garden the other day. Their hilarious energy and goofiness--while helping me do a totally heinous job--absolutely turned me around. I hope you get some 'angels' your way soon. Keep your head above the water. I will if you will.

From JulieC on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 15:15:18 from 65.103.224.252

Hey just before I left for church after a cute breakfast in bed made by my three girls my youngest decides she can't possibly wear any other pair of shoes to church than her older sisters that almost fit and she throws a big fit and her sister is irked and she throws a fit as I try to referee the darn situation, gradually losing the spirit of motherhood moment by moment, second by second....no guilt trip changes the attitude in the house "like it is Mother's Day Amber don't you think you could try harder to be nice today". Oh no, so I end up leaving her outside of the house as we walk the short distance to church. Troy had to leave Sacrament to go get her (she was on her way like I knew she would). It took until the special musical number in sacrament before I felt non-satanic like again. A real angel mother I was. The song was "God sent an Angel to Watch over Me" Now who is feeling all the guilt? Anyway, I came home to a pile of dishes from the breakfast in bed leftovers the kids made (and Troy too from the potato salad he made for the BBQ later) and any comments or sighs I made didn't help a soul move towards them". Looks like I am still a mother and not a queen for a day. I did get three shirts and two capris from my girls and husband as well as some cute handmade and bought cards. But that came at 8am. And then the showdown occured. Motherhood. It's eternal : ))))))

From Kelli on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 16:09:28 from 71.219.89.83

What did I miss? The stove? I need sleep, I can not make sense of any of this.

From leslie on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 18:05:57 from 76.23.61.78

How are you today, my friend?

From Marion on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 22:05:03 from 71.213.117.110

HOLA Friends :)

My internet is acting up and driving me nuts! I will respond to y'all FAB friends after LOST :)

Kelli- on saturday, my stove tried to kill us ALL!!

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):
Recent Comments: