Patience, the NEW Endurance Sport!

April 30, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesMarion's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Payson,UT,

May 27, 2008

Female

Goal Type:

Age Division Winner

Running Accomplishments:

Payson Canyon Fox Club 4th of July 5K 2008- 27:56 :) (aided-downhill)

Onion Days 5k Route Jan 2010   28:18

Onion Day's 10 K 2007 1:09:36

Provo Riverwoods 10 mi 2008 1:49:09 (aided- downhill)

Riverton 1/2 Marathon March 28th, 2009  2:23:24

UVM 2009- 5:14:49

Short-Term Running Goals:

Recover from being hit by a car while I was running in early October 2010.  Be healed enough to run my planned races.

Planned races for 2011:

UVM 1/2 June 11 (registered)

RHPC 1/2 July 9th

Payson Onion Days 10k (break 60 min)

St George Marathon 4:22 (3rd times a charm) 

Long-Term Running Goals:

I just want to be able to run...

Personal:

I am the self proclaimed FEARLESS leader of the FRB's RED HOT PINK CHICKS!!! Our Motto's are- 2010 "Diamonds and Titanium, Thats what we are made of!"  2009 "We are water-proof-dye-in-da-blue-crazy-nut'n-gonna-stop-us-fun-lovin'-red-hot-pink-chicks!!!" 

The next official RHPC event is the RHPC 1/2(5k, 10k, 10 miler) July 16th, 2011.   PLEASE join us !!! 

My Favorite Quote-   "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

I started running in May of 2006 while losing 85 lbs after my youngest was born.  I have 6 fantastic kids, 3 girls and 3 boys and a wonderful husband.  My oldest is in college and my baby is in pre-school. (Six kids in 5 schools ;)

www.meltingmarion.blogspot.com

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 Lifetime Miles: 504.58
Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Blue Lifetime Miles: 216.67
Mizuno Alchemy Red Lifetime Miles: 79.44
Asics Pulse 2 Red Silver Lifetime Miles: 87.90
Total Distance

58:01, ave 11:36, best 8:20, splits-13:32, 11:07, 11:31, 11:29, 10:48

1 mile warm up and then a bit of a push.  The air looks great today.  I had an emergency potty stop in mile 4.  Thank heavens one of our friends was outside and let me use their potty!  This was not a great VPB spot ;)

I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend.  I am going to laze about, do sime laundry, some shopping and NO eating of crap!  We went to an Indian Buffet last night!  YUMMY and then I came home and at a WHOLE pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Light Fro Yo!  It was awesome.  That is my dining out for the week and my dessert!  I am going to finish my book, "The Memory Keeper's Daughter," and then start Bleak House.  It's MichelleL's favorite Dickins.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Does anyone want to come down for the Ground Hog race on the 7th in Provo.  It's in the announcements.  It's one of Mary Anne's races.  The is a 5k and a 10k.  It's only like $6.  COME :D

Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 Miles: 5.00
Comments
From leslie on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 13:51:32

dang, dang, dang, we should have come and run with you, I am pooped and tired and have crappy miles to show for it.

Ben and Jerrys, sounds devine! I am going to try real hard and keep my mouth shut today, I have been so good, but I can tell already that it is going to be tough today, I want to just lay around and read and have treats, BUT I WON'T!!!

Nice splits girlfriend!

From MichelleL on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:17:07

Indian buffet? Is that the restaurant at the old Winger's location at about 500 S Univ ave? Was it any good? I love Indian, but anything buffet is scary. Speaking of which, I keep trying to convince Paul to go to the "International" buffet by the dollar theatre, I'm sure it will be piles of junk but would be interesting to check out.

From seeaprilrun on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:19:58

Nice run there speedy! I could use a pint of ice cream but my sin of the day was a junior whopper with cheese from burger king and fries. Shame on me but the kids had fun on the playland! It seems like weekends it gets impossible to be good so I always have atonement day on Monday!

From MichelleL on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:23:35

regarding the race -

If you could get one of your teenage daughters out to watch my kidlets (for pay) I'll come and have my kids participate and I'll run the 10k. I'd be fun. Chocolate after?

From MichelleL on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:24:14

Correction, it'd be fun not I'd be fun, (i'm never fun :( ).

From Marion on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:25:05

It was GOOD and the one in the old wingers. You can order off of the menu too. What is the international buffet? We LOVE all kinds of foods, especially Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Indian. Asia is our place. If David ever needs to take additional wives, we are going to chose ones from each of those countries for the cuisine ;D Housekeeping skills will also be considered. (I am cracking myself up!) Actually David and my brother have it all planned out. They are such DORKS! The BEST thing about David is that he will go to ANY restaurant. OK- that is almost the best thing about him :)

From Marion on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:26:29

Yes Michelle- I'll bring a sitter with me :)

From Marion on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 14:29:01

April- I LOVE whoppers! They are TASTY!! Good luck with the funeral arrangements. If we lived closer, my girls could watch the kids ;)

Michelle- YOU ARE ALWAYS FUN!! and Chocolate sounds PERFECT! Can it have ice cream, and nuts all around it??? :) oh and maybe a whopper too?

Leslie- Be tough, be STRONG! YOu are one hot mama!!!

From tarzan on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:57:32

Darn - there is a training run on the 7th that I am planning on out on Antelope Island. I am going to do the Salt Lake Winter 5K next weekend if anyone is interested.

From leslie on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 16:25:08

OH my gosh, I have had those silly talks too, the second wife can do all the work and cook gourmet food!! Hahaha! Just teasing folks, I hope those of you outside of Utah know we are really joking!!!!

From Kelli on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 16:57:53

GREAT RUN MARION! You had some good splits for today!!!

I will think about that run, we shoud support little cute Maryann!!! I just hate 5 and 10k's!!! HATE THEM!

From Marion on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 17:06:14

Leslie- I hope that EVERYONE knows that we are joking. As David always says- "Man cannot serve two masters" ;)

Kelli- You can just come and get me to a sub 28 5k ;) Then I won't be the lonely VERY last runner in ;) Michelle and I are going out for chocolate afterward :)

From Kelli on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 17:07:54

Will run for chocolate!!!!

I am not even sure I can do a sub-28 5k. I honestly stink at short races!!!!

From Marion on Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 17:34:51

You can too! That's just 9:30 mm. You can do a 2 mile warm up if needed. I am going to do a one mile warm up with stretching and then 9:40, 9:30 and 9:15 to finish her off. I am such a hypochondriac when I run faster than usual. I start having a heart attack or a stroke.

From Kelli on Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 00:58:50

Okay, I guess I COULD do that. I just hate fast races!

You can totally do it, you are fast!! I need like a 6 mile warm up!

From Marion on Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:14:46

THanks for the sunshine- but I am NOT fast and fear that I never will be until I get at least 25 more pounds off :( Oh, and it's sn-aining right now. I hope the rain wins! NO MORE SNOW!!!

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):